HIGHLAND IS REOPENED FOR SUNDAY MORNING SERVICES !!
See the announcements page for service times and other details.
We exist to reach people with the life-changing message of Jesus Christ so that they may become His fully devoted servants.
We strive to help people love God, love others, discover their God given purpose, and make a difference for the Kingdom.
- Sunday Schedule
9:30 am10:15 am
Sunday School for all pre-school, school aged children and teens.
Adult Bible Studies for all adults
10:30 am11:40 am
Children's Church for ages 3-7
Nursery provided for ages 0-2
6:00 pm7:00 pm
Prayer and Bible study
- Wednesday Schedule
6:30 pm7:45 pm
Children's Bible Clubs and Cross Connections Youth Program
6:30 pm7:30 pm
Adult Bible study
Welcome from the Pastor
I want to thank you for visiting our church online. Please take the time to browse and perhaps even listen to a sermon!
We have tried to describe ourselves so that you can have a fairly good idea of who we are before you visit us in person. Please know that we just love having guests come and worship with us! It’s our delight and joy to greet those we don’t know but would like to get to know!
Our Sunday morning music is primarily modern traditional, and the sermons typically go verse by verse through entire books of the Bible. We seek to exalt Christ and have His Word be the central focus in all we do. We believe that we are unique in many ways, and so I encourage you to come and see for yourself! We’d love to have you, but in the meantime, please look around here on the site.
If you have any questions, I would be happy to personally respond. Thank you for your time and may God bless you!
— Pastor Dave Mauger
What to Expect
We offer a 60-70 minute service in a warm and friendly environment. Many people wear comfortable and casually appropriate clothing, while some choose to dress up. Please just come as you are and we’ll be delighted to have you!
We sing both timeless hymns and modern songs and we use a variety of conservative translations to best understand the meaning of God’s Word. On Sunday mornings we offer passionate and practical preaching that typically goes verse by verse through entire books of the Bible.
On Sundays at 9:30 a.m. there is teaching for every age level, a nursery for ages 0-3, plus a Junior Church for children ages 4-8 during the preaching at the 10:30 am. service. Our nursery is clean and comfortable and well staffed for every service. There also are baby changing stations in the main lobby bathrooms. Every worker in our children’s ministries has been screened by the church leadership and has passed a national background check. We take the safety and well-being of our children and teens very seriously. We also have 14 security cameras posted throughout the public areas of the church and property because we place the highest emphasis possible on the safety of our children and teenagers.
What We Believe
- We believe in an eternal, uncreated, coequal, all powerful Triune God: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the virgin birth and deity of Jesus Christ, the Lord. We believe that Jesus, the Son of God, is Lord of the universe, the sovereign creator of all things, and the giver and sustainer of all life.
- We believe in the death of Jesus on a Roman cross 2,000 years ago and the shedding of His blood as the only way to be saved from the penalty for our sins against God. Christ’s death offered a way for hopeless and helpless mankind to have peace with God. Mankind’s greatest need is to receive God’s forgiveness and have His holy and righteous wrath turned away from them.
- We believe that all men from birth are under the condemnation of almighty God and will suffer His eternal wrath unless they repent of their sins and place their faith and trust in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- We believe in the death of Jesus, His burial in a tomb, His triumphal resurrection 3 days later over sin, death and the grave, and His ascension back to heaven.
- We believe that the Lord, Jesus Christ is our only Head, and His Word is our only infallible guide for all matters of faith, church life, and daily living. We believe the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired by God.
- We believe the Bible is the holy, infallible, eternal Word of God and that He has miraculously preserved His Word in the totality of the Biblical manuscripts. We, along with the 1611 KJV translators, agree with Augustine, an early church father, who said that a “variety of translations is profitable for finding out of the sense of the Scriptures.”
What We Offer
At 9:30 on Sunday mornings, we offer adult Bible study classes for mixed groups, ladies only, college and career, teenagers, elementary age, pre-school age and a nursery.
At 10:30 am, we offer a church-wide worship service that lasts 60-70 minutes, a children’s church for ages 4-8, plus a well-staffed nursery for children who are 0-3.
On Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. we offer a graded youth program for pre-school up to middle school age, and a dynamic youth program for grades 7-12, as well as a Bible study for the adults. All workers who serve under-aged children are thoroughly screened by the pastor and church leadership, and must pass a national background check. We take our ministry to minor aged children very seriously and consider it a great responsibility. We have strict policies in place to ensure the safety and well being of all our children. This matter is of utmost importance to us. We also have 14 security cameras that film and record the public areas of the building and property. There are also baby changing stations in the main foyer bathrooms.
What We Proclaim
We preach Christ and Him crucified. In an inclusive age, we preach an exclusive message that proclaims salvation through faith alone, by grace alone, in Christ alone. We do not believe that baptism or communion plays any role in saving grace.
Jesus told him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. (John 14:6)
Who We Are
We are a church that absolutely loves having visitors! We may be the most friendly, caring and loving church you’ll ever visit! In addition to our great people, we are an independent Baptist church that is led by the pastor and deacons, but is congregationally governed.
We offer a 60-70 minute service on Sunday mornings that includes both timeless hymns and newer songs done in a traditional, yet modern style, along with passionate expository preaching. We believe that God has miraculously preserved His Word in the totality of the manuscripts. We agree with Augustine, an early church father, who said that a “variety of translations is profitable for finding out of the sense of the Scriptures.”
Don't Miss Out- Check Here for All the Latest News and Events
Hello Highland family,
After nine long weeks, we finally have some good news. We plan to hold in-person services at the church, starting Sunday, May 24. We will offer two completely identical Sunday morning worship services. Please read this information carefully as things will be very different when we resume our gatherings on May 24. The measures we are taking are based on the guidelines Gov. Lee has issued for houses of worship. And of course if you feel ill, please stay home.
The first service will be 9:30-10:15 am. This service is for those who are at most risk for COVID-19 complications. We are encouraging those who are more vulnerable and susceptible to the virus complications to attend this early service. If this does not describe you, we ask that you please attend the second service.
The second service will be 11:00-11:45 am. This service is for those who have less risk to COVID-19 complications. We are encouraging those who have less vulnerability to virus complications to attend this service. We strongly urge anyone who could possibly be an asymptomatic carrier, plus those with youth and children to attend this service and not the early service. We desire to give the early service folks peace of mind and help ease their concerns.
Here are some further measures we are taking:
- The seating will be every other row, limiting us to 50% capacity.
- We request that household families sit together and maintain 6' distance between family units during the service.
- The building will be cleaned and sanitized between the two services.
- We encourage the fellowship to take place outside as much as possible.
- Masks are encouraged, but not expected, for before and after services when inside.
- The nursery will not be staffed, nor will children's church be offered. The nursery space and children's area will be open to parents as needed. Parents are encouraged to use the children's space if their child becomes unconsollable during the service. The service monitor will be on in the nursery.
The more vulnerable may attend the second service if they wish, but once again, we request that the less vulnerable folks remain with the later service. We will begin with Sunday morning worship and then schedule other events as we go along. We want you to have confidence that you can worship in safety, which is why we are dividing up the two services in this manner.
I look forward to seeing you, Lord willing, on May 24!!
UPCOMING EVENTS (We are thankful to be starting back up in some areas of church life!)----------
- Wed. July 1 6:30 to 7:30 pm - Bible study for adults/ study on justification
- Wed. July 1 6:30 to 8:00 pm - Cross Connections youth group
- Sat. July 11 11 am to 2 pm - Baby Shower for Michelle Hood/ RSVP to Danielle Good by June 30; The Hoods are registered at https://www.babylist.com/michelle-hood-baby-reg
- Sun. July 19 5:30 pm - graduation celebration/ refreshments will be served
- Take the 2020 Challenge! Commit to reading your Bible out loud, with a friend, in a public place such as a coffee shop or library.