9:30 amto 10:15 am
Sunday School for all pre-school, school aged children and teens.
Adult Bible Studies for all adults
10:30 amto 11:40 am
Children's Church for ages 3-8
Nursery provided for ages 0-2
6:00 pmto 7:00 pm
Prayer and Bible study
6:30 pmto 8:00 pm
Children's Bible Clubs and Cross Connections Youth Program
7:00 pmto 8:00 pm
Adult Bible study
Check our Calendar for upcoming events.
We exist to reach people with the life-changing message of Jesus Christ so that they may become His fully devoted servants.
To help people love God, love others, discover their God given purpose, and make a difference for the Kingdom.
Welcome from the Pastor
I want to thank you for visiting our church online. Please take the time to browse and perhaps even listen to a sermon!
We have tried to describe ourselves so that you can have a fairly good idea of who we are before you visit us in person. Please know that we just love having guests come and worship with us! It’s our delight and joy to greet those we don’t know but would like to get to know!
Our Sunday morning music is primarily modern traditional, and the sermons typically go verse by verse through entire books of the Bible. We seek to exalt Christ and have His Word be the central focus in all we do. We believe that we are unique in many ways, and so I encourage you to come and see for yourself! We’d love to have you, but in the meantime, please look around here on the site.
If you have any questions, I would be happy to personally respond. Thank you for your time and may God bless you!
— Pastor Dave Mauger
What to Expect
We offer a 60-70 minute service in a warm and friendly environment. Many people wear comfortable and casually appropriate clothing, while some choose to dress up. Please just come as you are and we’ll be delighted to have you!
We sing both timeless hymns and modern songs and we use a variety of conservative translations to best understand the meaning of God’s Word. On Sunday mornings we offer passionate and practical preaching that typically goes verse by verse through entire books of the Bible.
On Sundays at 9:30 a.m. there is teaching for every age level, a nursery for ages 0-3, plus a Junior Church for children ages 4-8 during the preaching at the 10:30 am. service. Our nursery is clean and comfortable and well staffed for every service. There also are baby changing stations in the main lobby bathrooms. Every worker in our children’s ministries has been screened by the church leadership and has passed a national background check. We take the safety and well-being of our children and teens very seriously. We also have 14 security cameras posted throughout the public areas of the church and property because we place the highest emphasis possible on the safety of our children and teenagers.
What We Believe
- We believe in an eternal, uncreated, coequal, all powerful Triune God: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the virgin birth and deity of Jesus Christ, the Lord. We believe that Jesus, the Son of God, is Lord of the universe, the sovereign creator of all things, and the giver and sustainer of all life.
- We believe in the death of Jesus on a Roman cross 2,000 years ago and the shedding of His blood as the only way to be saved from the penalty for our sins against God. Christ’s death offered a way for hopeless and helpless mankind to have peace with God. Mankind’s greatest need is to receive God’s forgiveness and have His holy and righteous wrath turned away from them.
- We believe that all men from birth are under the condemnation of almighty God and will suffer His eternal wrath unless they repent of their sins and place their faith and trust in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- We believe in the death of Jesus, His burial in a tomb, His triumphal resurrection 3 days later over sin, death and the grave, and His ascension back to heaven.
- We believe that the Lord, Jesus Christ is our only Head, and His Word is our only infallible guide for all matters of faith, church life, and daily living. We believe the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired by God.
- We believe the Bible is the holy, infallible, eternal Word of God and that He has miraculously preserved His Word in the totality of the Biblical manuscripts. We, along with the 1611 KJV translators, agree with Augustine, an early church father, who said that a “variety of translations is profitable for finding out of the sense of the Scriptures.”
What We Offer
At 9:30 on Sunday mornings, we offer adult Bible study classes for mixed groups, ladies only, college and career, teenagers, elementary age, pre-school age and a nursery.
At 10:30 am, we offer a church-wide worship service that lasts 60-70 minutes, a children’s church for ages 4-8, plus a well-staffed nursery for children who are 0-3.
On Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. we offer a graded youth program for pre-school up to middle school age, and a dynamic youth program for grades 7-12, as well as a Bible study for the adults. All workers who serve under-aged children are thoroughly screened by the pastor and church leadership, and must pass a national background check. We take our ministry to minor aged children very seriously and consider it a great responsibility. We have strict policies in place to ensure the safety and well being of all our children. This matter is of utmost importance to us. We also have 14 security cameras that film and record the public areas of the building and property. There are also baby changing stations in the main foyer bathrooms.
What We Proclaim
We preach Christ and Him crucified. In an inclusive age, we preach an exclusive message that proclaims salvation through faith alone, by grace alone, in Christ alone. We do not believe that baptism or communion plays any role in saving grace.
Jesus told him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. (John 14:6)
Who We Are
We are a church that absolutely loves having visitors! We may be the most friendly, caring and loving church you’ll ever visit! In addition to our great people, we are an independent Baptist church that is led by the pastor and deacons, but is congregationally governed.
We offer a 60-70 minute service on Sunday mornings that includes both timeless hymns and newer songs done in a traditional, yet modern style, along with passionate expository preaching. We believe that God has miraculously preserved His Word in the totality of the manuscripts. We agree with Augustine, an early church father, who said that a “variety of translations is profitable for finding out of the sense of the Scriptures.”
Don't Miss Out- Check Here for All the Latest News and Events
- Lisa Stafford will host the ladies of HBC at her home on Thursday, March 28, from 6 to 8 pm for a time of prayer and fellowship. Supper is provided so that you can come straight from work, if you want.
- Sunday, March 31, is Communion Sunday as well as Food Pantry. Please bring perisable and non-perishable food items for distribution to needy families in the South Central area. Also on Sunday, March 31, in place of evening worship, discipling groups will meet in homes. Be sure to sign up with the host where you plan to attend.
- Saturday, April 6, from 9:00 am to noon, the church will have a free Car Wash. Come help us serve our community in Jesus' name. We hope to reach the unsaved and the unchurched with the hope of the gospel through this activity.
- Sunday, April 7 at 10:30 am, Larry Stamm will teach on "Christ in the Passover". This presentation by a Jewish believer will help us Gentiles better understand our Savior's role as the Passover Lamb.
- Saturday, April 20, the whole church is invited to canvass our community with door hangers that invite our neighbors to join us in eternal life with the Lord as well as in worshipping Him here with us at Highland.
- Please remember to pray by name for the salvation of at least one person you know personally every day in 2019.
- Could you consider being one of four hosts for the Discipling Groups on the last Sunday in April? Pastor Dave will prepare a sheet of application questions from that day's sermon for the male host to ask and discuss. The food will be a light, living room snack, NOT a meal at the table.