HIGHLAND IS REOPENED FOR SUNDAY MORNING SERVICES !!
See the announcements page for service times and other details.
We exist to reach people with the life-changing message of Jesus Christ so that they may become His fully devoted servants.
We strive to help people love God, love others, discover their God given purpose, and make a difference for the Kingdom.
- Sunday Schedule
9:30 am10:15 am
Sunday School for all pre-school, school aged children and teens.
Adult Bible Studies for all adults
10:30 am11:40 am
Children's Church for ages 3-7
Nursery provided for ages 0-2
6:00 pm7:00 pm
Prayer and Bible study
- Wednesday Schedule
6:30 pm7:45 pm
Children's Bible Clubs and Cross Connections Youth Program
6:30 pm7:30 pm
Adult Bible study
Welcome from the Pastor
I want to thank you for visiting our church online. Please take the time to browse and perhaps even listen to a sermon!
We have tried to describe ourselves so that you can have a fairly good idea of who we are before you visit us in person. Please know that we just love having guests come and worship with us! It’s our delight and joy to greet those we don’t know but would like to get to know!
Our Sunday morning music is primarily modern traditional, and the sermons typically go verse by verse through entire books of the Bible. We seek to exalt Christ and have His Word be the central focus in all we do. We believe that we are unique in many ways, and so I encourage you to come and see for yourself! We’d love to have you, but in the meantime, please look around here on the site.
If you have any questions, I would be happy to personally respond. Thank you for your time and may God bless you!
— Pastor Dave Mauger
What to Expect
We offer a 60-70 minute service in a warm and friendly environment. Many people wear comfortable and casually appropriate clothing, while some choose to dress up. Please just come as you are and we’ll be delighted to have you!
We sing both timeless hymns and modern songs and we use a variety of conservative translations to best understand the meaning of God’s Word. On Sunday mornings we offer passionate and practical preaching that typically goes verse by verse through entire books of the Bible.
On Sundays at 9:30 a.m. there is teaching for every age level, a nursery for ages 0-3, plus a Junior Church for children ages 4-8 during the preaching at the 10:30 am. service. Our nursery is clean and comfortable and well staffed for every service. There also are baby changing stations in the main lobby bathrooms. Every worker in our children’s ministries has been screened by the church leadership and has passed a national background check. We take the safety and well-being of our children and teens very seriously. We also have 14 security cameras posted throughout the public areas of the church and property because we place the highest emphasis possible on the safety of our children and teenagers.
What We Believe
- We believe in an eternal, uncreated, coequal, all powerful Triune God: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the virgin birth and deity of Jesus Christ, the Lord. We believe that Jesus, the Son of God, is Lord of the universe, the sovereign creator of all things, and the giver and sustainer of all life.
- We believe in the death of Jesus on a Roman cross 2,000 years ago and the shedding of His blood as the only way to be saved from the penalty for our sins against God. Christ’s death offered a way for hopeless and helpless mankind to have peace with God. Mankind’s greatest need is to receive God’s forgiveness and have His holy and righteous wrath turned away from them.
- We believe that all men from birth are under the condemnation of almighty God and will suffer His eternal wrath unless they repent of their sins and place their faith and trust in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- We believe in the death of Jesus, His burial in a tomb, His triumphal resurrection 3 days later over sin, death and the grave, and His ascension back to heaven.
- We believe that the Lord, Jesus Christ is our only Head, and His Word is our only infallible guide for all matters of faith, church life, and daily living. We believe the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired by God.
- We believe the Bible is the holy, infallible, eternal Word of God and that He has miraculously preserved His Word in the totality of the Biblical manuscripts. We, along with the 1611 KJV translators, agree with Augustine, an early church father, who said that a “variety of translations is profitable for finding out of the sense of the Scriptures.”
What We Offer
At 9:30 on Sunday mornings, we offer adult Bible study classes for mixed groups, ladies only, college and career, teenagers, elementary age, pre-school age and a nursery.
At 10:30 am, we offer a church-wide worship service that lasts 60-70 minutes, a children’s church for ages 4-8, plus a well-staffed nursery for children who are 0-3.
On Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. we offer a graded youth program for pre-school up to middle school age, and a dynamic youth program for grades 7-12, as well as a Bible study for the adults. All workers who serve under-aged children are thoroughly screened by the pastor and church leadership, and must pass a national background check. We take our ministry to minor aged children very seriously and consider it a great responsibility. We have strict policies in place to ensure the safety and well being of all our children. This matter is of utmost importance to us. We also have 14 security cameras that film and record the public areas of the building and property. There are also baby changing stations in the main foyer bathrooms.
What We Proclaim
We preach Christ and Him crucified. In an inclusive age, we preach an exclusive message that proclaims salvation through faith alone, by grace alone, in Christ alone. We do not believe that baptism or communion plays any role in saving grace.
Jesus told him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. (John 14:6)
Who We Are
We are a church that absolutely loves having visitors! We may be the most friendly, caring and loving church you’ll ever visit! In addition to our great people, we are an independent Baptist church that is led by the pastor and deacons, but is congregationally governed.
We offer a 60-70 minute service on Sunday mornings that includes both timeless hymns and newer songs done in a traditional, yet modern style, along with passionate expository preaching. We believe that God has miraculously preserved His Word in the totality of the manuscripts. We agree with Augustine, an early church father, who said that a “variety of translations is profitable for finding out of the sense of the Scriptures.”
Don't Miss Out- Check Here for All the Latest News and Events
Dear Highland family,
Guided by love, care and concern for those with underlying health conditions, as well as the desire to gather the church family together as much as possible, we have decided on a new COVID-19 response. We understand that no plans or ideas are perfect, and neither is this one. There will be flaws and errors as we deal with a fluid situation with evolving information. Everyone has an opinion on how to respond to the virus. On one end of the spectrum, some respond with utmost caution, while on the other end, others express far less caution. Highland has always been a balanced church, meaning that the right solution for our church may be somewhere in the middle. We must be guided by love in our COVID response and in our interaction with our church family. Please carefully read the following information. Here is the plan beginning this Sunday, July 19th.
The 9:30 a.m. service: This service will be for those who are comfortable wearing a mask and who may prefer doing so. It will be presumed, but not required, that those who attend this service will be comfortable with wearing a mask, and masks will be provided if needed. If, once seated, and you are social distancing from others, I imagine you could take the mask off if you felt comfortable. But generally, this service is for those who are comfortable with masks. Young children and anyone else who has breathing difficulties may feel free to not wear a mask. So the 9:30 service is generally for those who prefer a mask unless you are a child or you have respiratory issues. If you do not have a desire to wear a mask for reasons other than what has been outlined, then we request that you please attend the 10:45 a.m. service.
The 10:45 a.m. service: First, please notice the time change from 11:00 a.m. This service is for those who are less comfortable wearing a mask. Masks will not be presumed or expected, but will be available for anyone interested. Again, our actions are motivated by love and care for those with underlying health concerns. We request that social distancing be respected at this service, and that fellowshiping be done outdoors as much as possible.
Congregational Singing: This will be suspended for a short season. If any singing should occur, it will come from the platform.
Social events: We are suggesting that masks be worn at indoor social events at the church as we cannot divide these events into a mask or non-mask event. Maybe masks will be a way we can unite the higher risk members of the family with the lower risk ones? Only time will tell. Masks will be available if you need one. And once again, young children and those with respiratory issues may feel free to not wear a mask. We offer these suggestions not out of paranoia or fear, but from love and concern for everyone in our church family.
This plan may not be the right solution for Highland and if not we will go back to the drawing board. But my heart's desire is that everyone, as much as possible, would feel comfortable about resuming life with the church family. We are guided by love. In this time of uncertainty, I ask - "what would love have us do?" May God bless Highland, and further His gospel during this most unusual of times.
UPCOMING EVENTS (We are thankful to be starting back up in some areas of church life!)----------
- Wed. July 15 6:30 to 7:30 pm - Bible study for adults/ students on faith
- Wed. July 15 6:30 to 8:00 pm - Cross Connections youth group
- Sat. July 18 10 am - Piece Makers working on boys' shorts for Suriname
- Sun. July 19 5:30 pm - graduation celebration/ refreshments will be served
- Thurs. July 23 6-8 pm - Ladies' Prayer Fellowship/ supper will be provided
- Take the 2020 Challenge! Commit to reading your Bible out loud, with a friend, in a public place such as a coffee shop or library.